Where the Wild Things Are
As I write this, a mama and baby moose are taking a little nap in the front yard. You can see one of them in the background behind Zack in this picture. They've been here for a couple of hours, watching us watch them through the window. Maybe we are the ones in the zoo. Hope Emma doesn't need to pee anytime soon.
The aforementioned bugs are in retreat, and we are seeing more and more substantial critters around here. One of them (a fox? a raccoon?) has been pooping on our front porch at night. I think the poops are payment for the sneaker it stole off the porch. Not sure why a fox needs just one sneaker.
I'm sure I don't have to tell you that Zack's in heaven. He and I went over to Driggs, ID a couple of days ago to buy a fish tank, which apparently are not for sale here in Jackson. He has been filling it up with fish, water striders and snails he finds in the irrigation ditch behind the house. Today he and his dad are at Kelly Warm Springs, a little magma-heated pond which is home to millions of little critters and every kind of bacteria you can imagine. The took containers with them. I dread to think what they'll bring home.
I'm recovering from a little stomach bug that is making the rounds here. Zack was hit the hardest, and spent a day home from school. Other than that little hiccup, life is grand here at the base of the Grand Teton!
The aforementioned bugs are in retreat, and we are seeing more and more substantial critters around here. One of them (a fox? a raccoon?) has been pooping on our front porch at night. I think the poops are payment for the sneaker it stole off the porch. Not sure why a fox needs just one sneaker.
I'm sure I don't have to tell you that Zack's in heaven. He and I went over to Driggs, ID a couple of days ago to buy a fish tank, which apparently are not for sale here in Jackson. He has been filling it up with fish, water striders and snails he finds in the irrigation ditch behind the house. Today he and his dad are at Kelly Warm Springs, a little magma-heated pond which is home to millions of little critters and every kind of bacteria you can imagine. The took containers with them. I dread to think what they'll bring home.
I'm recovering from a little stomach bug that is making the rounds here. Zack was hit the hardest, and spent a day home from school. Other than that little hiccup, life is grand here at the base of the Grand Teton!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home