Where we go from here
We're bleary-eyed and teary-eyed, and I think we're ready to go.
We're saying our final goodbyes to our most special friends here in Portland. The house is spic n' span, ready for someone to come love it as much as we do. At night we toss and turn, making a mental list of the thousand things we can't forget. During the day we wander from room to room, wondering what we should accomplish, and getting nothing done. We have so much -- and nothing -- to do.
The movers will pack the house on Tuesday, pack the truck on Wednesday. We need to remember to take the dog's water bowl, and some bedsheets in the car with us. I need to find school supplies for Zack, who starts at Wilson Elementary the day after we arrive.
We have every moment of every last day in Portland scheduled for time with friends. And it's not enough. It will never be enough. Knowing what we're leaving, without really knowing where we're going, is really hard.
This is Zack last summer at String Lake in Grand Teton National Park. In 10 days, this will be his backyard. In 10 weeks it will be covered with snow.
I promise more frequent entries here. I might even take a new picture from time to time. Don't forget about us, ok?
We're saying our final goodbyes to our most special friends here in Portland. The house is spic n' span, ready for someone to come love it as much as we do. At night we toss and turn, making a mental list of the thousand things we can't forget. During the day we wander from room to room, wondering what we should accomplish, and getting nothing done. We have so much -- and nothing -- to do.
The movers will pack the house on Tuesday, pack the truck on Wednesday. We need to remember to take the dog's water bowl, and some bedsheets in the car with us. I need to find school supplies for Zack, who starts at Wilson Elementary the day after we arrive.
We have every moment of every last day in Portland scheduled for time with friends. And it's not enough. It will never be enough. Knowing what we're leaving, without really knowing where we're going, is really hard.
This is Zack last summer at String Lake in Grand Teton National Park. In 10 days, this will be his backyard. In 10 weeks it will be covered with snow.
I promise more frequent entries here. I might even take a new picture from time to time. Don't forget about us, ok?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home