Little Kidds

Life with the Littles, starring Zack.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

The question is NOT


Pre-Flight Photo
Originally uploaded by littlekidd.
whether there is life on Mars. The question is: Do they wear shoes there?

In our house, January is sponsored by PLASTIC. In particular, we'd like to thank the people who make Legos, K'nex, Sterilite containers and Ziploc bags. Our budding architect lives for the first two. I can't live without the last two.

We're due for a big purge-and-organize party. Parenting continues to be the ultimate gear sport.

And it continues to be a magical journey. As I write this, I can hear Zack in his bed, "reading" to himself. He's really getting interested in letters and sounds and how they combine to form words. I can't wait until the world of books opens up to him.

In the meantime, we've had a renewed interest in dinosaurs at our house, sparked by time spent studying them with his PreK class. Here's a recent conversation:

Zack: I'm an omnivore, Mom. That means I eat plants and meat.
Me: You're right. And actually, "omni" means "all." So you really eat everything.
Zack: Yeah! (Thinks a bit.) Except salad. And Lima Beans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home