No Pain, No Gain
Here's a picture from last weekend's "Kiddie Cross" race at Alpenorse Dairy. The expression on Zack's face is nothing but raw determination. He had a ball.
I missed this race beause I was visiting friends in Washington, DC. The morning before the race I talked to Zack on the phone and he said, "I'll go fast, mom. I'll make you proud!" Then he said, "Just hang up now."
This morning at breakfast I reminded Zack to use his fork instead of his fingers. He replied, "I'm eating like an Indian!." Jeez. Don't know where that came from!
Yesterday at the park, Zack offered me a taste from a "Honey-knuckle" flower.
Zack is thriving in his new preschool! He talks most about "Scootertown," which is a made up village where the kids ride around from store to store on scooters. You remember? Those little square ones with the casters on the bottom? They've still got 'em, and they're as trecherous as ever! Zack has a firm grasp on the rules, though. "Mom, we're allowed to ride them on our bellies and our bottoms and our 'kneels,' but we can't stand on them!"
Today is "picture day" at school. Watch for photos coming in the mail soon, all of you Grandmas and Grandpas!
I missed this race beause I was visiting friends in Washington, DC. The morning before the race I talked to Zack on the phone and he said, "I'll go fast, mom. I'll make you proud!" Then he said, "Just hang up now."
This morning at breakfast I reminded Zack to use his fork instead of his fingers. He replied, "I'm eating like an Indian!." Jeez. Don't know where that came from!
Yesterday at the park, Zack offered me a taste from a "Honey-knuckle" flower.
Zack is thriving in his new preschool! He talks most about "Scootertown," which is a made up village where the kids ride around from store to store on scooters. You remember? Those little square ones with the casters on the bottom? They've still got 'em, and they're as trecherous as ever! Zack has a firm grasp on the rules, though. "Mom, we're allowed to ride them on our bellies and our bottoms and our 'kneels,' but we can't stand on them!"
Today is "picture day" at school. Watch for photos coming in the mail soon, all of you Grandmas and Grandpas!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home