A boy and a beach
Good morning and Happy New Year! The rest of the family is asleep, so this is my chance to catch up on my woefully slow attempts to stay in e-touch.
We had such a busy fall, with trips to San Francisco, Chicago and then a weekend at Cannon Beach, where this picture was taken. As soon as I'm done writing I'll post some more pictures on www.littlekidd.com
The last half of age three has brought both triumphs and tribulations. Hopping on one foot, tuneless whistling and learning both big and small letters come to mind among the triumphs. The tribulations can be lumped together under the category of "short but daily bursts of utterly intolerable behavior."
Zack is definitely in a "let's see what I can get away with" phase. His mischief is not so much deliberate as provoked by his own insatiable curiosity. I foolishly became complacent about watching his every move once I was sure he had good enough judgment not to flush whole rolls of TP, or put coffee beans up his nose. Though I certainly think we're past that stage, we're not beyond spilling large pools of Elmer's glue on the bedroom rug, or trying to ride the dog, or creating any number of afternoon diversions involving running water.
Zack will argue the motivations for his misbehavior nobly and pragmatically, as well. A few weeks befoere Christmas a large box arrived from out of town. We unpacked the presents and put them under the tree, and I asked Zack to leave the box intact, as I wanted to use it to ship our gifts to others.
Ten minutes later, the box was in pieces, rendered unusable unless you had a pressing need for a cardboard rocketship. I complained that 'Santa probably wouldn't be very impressed with the way you tore up that box right after I asked you not to." Zack's reply was, "Well... I think Santa has tape."
We had such a busy fall, with trips to San Francisco, Chicago and then a weekend at Cannon Beach, where this picture was taken. As soon as I'm done writing I'll post some more pictures on www.littlekidd.com
The last half of age three has brought both triumphs and tribulations. Hopping on one foot, tuneless whistling and learning both big and small letters come to mind among the triumphs. The tribulations can be lumped together under the category of "short but daily bursts of utterly intolerable behavior."
Zack is definitely in a "let's see what I can get away with" phase. His mischief is not so much deliberate as provoked by his own insatiable curiosity. I foolishly became complacent about watching his every move once I was sure he had good enough judgment not to flush whole rolls of TP, or put coffee beans up his nose. Though I certainly think we're past that stage, we're not beyond spilling large pools of Elmer's glue on the bedroom rug, or trying to ride the dog, or creating any number of afternoon diversions involving running water.
Zack will argue the motivations for his misbehavior nobly and pragmatically, as well. A few weeks befoere Christmas a large box arrived from out of town. We unpacked the presents and put them under the tree, and I asked Zack to leave the box intact, as I wanted to use it to ship our gifts to others.
Ten minutes later, the box was in pieces, rendered unusable unless you had a pressing need for a cardboard rocketship. I complained that 'Santa probably wouldn't be very impressed with the way you tore up that box right after I asked you not to." Zack's reply was, "Well... I think Santa has tape."


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home